Some of my Friends understand and others think I’m crazy, but I’ve always felt that having the ability to travel the USA in a large motorhome with all the comforts of home would be the ultimate in convenience and luxury.
Having the ability of relocating from one scenic location to another and doing so on fairly short notice was a bonus. To me, it’s like having a vacation home that can be stored close to my home in Sunny South Florida during the Winter months and have the ability to take short notice trips whenever the mood strikes. And, when the humidity kicks in, just drive it out West and explore new scenic locations. In concept, it seems like a great way to spend the next chapter of my life.
However, when it comes time to make a purchasing decision, there’s many factors to consider. Fortunately there’s a wide variety of motorhomes available from multiple manufacturers that range from offering the basic necessities for a reasonable price all the way up to luxury motor coaches that cost well over a million dollars that are best described as mansions on wheels.
At the time of this post I’m in the midst of deciding if I truly want to take the motorhome plunge and if so, whether or not to purchase a new or pre-owned model. Here are some of the factors that anyone considering the purchase of a motorhome may consider:
- Which brand would suit my current and future needs?
- Should my first purchase be a pre-owned starter coach with the hope of upgrading at a later date, or should I go all-in and purchase my last coach first?
- What features did I find desirable for both the short and long term?
- Which brands should I consider?
- Should I buy from a reputable new or pre-owned Dealer or from an individual?
- Which interior layout worked best for my lifestyle and desired usage?
- How difficult are motorhomes or motor coaches to operate, maneuver and maintain?
- Is there a method where I can learn to operate a large motorhome prior to purchase?
I’ve already started my journey and I hope you join me along the way. Please note, I’m not an expert in this field and I welcome advice from others!
In this series you’ll watch as I go through the phases and ask the questions that many new buyers face and did my best to document the steps on video.
Allow me to add that there’s no sponsorship or payment for any of the coaches or products you see in my videos and the opinions contained within the content are purely my own.
Questions, comments and opinions are welcomed. The most efficient method of communicating is to leave your comments on the bottom of a specific page here on GadgetGuru.com. This site uses the Facebook Comment System and as long as you have a Facebook account, you can join in on the conversations. You can also leave comments on the YouTube page where each video resides. However, the best method get answers from some people who have a lot more knowledge than I do and that’s to simply to visit the various motor coach forums. Here’s a few links to sites that have been helpful to me during my search:
- Foreforums.com – This site features content centered around Foretravel Motor Coaches.
- iRV2.com – This active forum has numerous sections for a wide variety of campers, RV’s and motorhomes.
- NewellGurus.com – The place to go for all things Newell
The easiest way to keep up with my new posts is to simply “Like” my Facebook page at, www.Facebook.com/TheGadgetGuru. When I post a new story on this site, I’ll also place an overview on my Facebook page and it will show up in your news feed.
You can also “Subscribe” to me on YouTube at, www.YouTube.com/TheGadgetGuru.